Sunday, October 21, 2012

Molasses Ginger Cookies

I haven't baked in quite some time, that is...something new. So I found an old recipe that my mom made once, and I heard her talking about it this morning. So I figured I'd surprise her and bake some. I find it quite funny how I can't make regular chocolate chip cookies, but these turned out gloriously. Enjoy!

Molasses Ginger Cookies
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 cup brown sugar
dash of vanilla
1/8 cup white sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease/line cookie sheets.
2. In large bowl, combine first four ingredients, mix well.
3. In small bowl, combine the egg, molasses, brown sugar, and vanilla, also mix well.
4. Add molasses mixture to the flour mixture, and blend until molasses mixture is fully incorporated.
5. Using a cookie scoop, or a tablespoon, scoop portions of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten with hands and coat one side with white sugar. Place on cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 6 minutes, and leave on the pan to cool for 2 minutes.
7. Enjoy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...