Monday, August 12, 2013

Cherry Cheesecake Bars

I received my very first cookbook for my 12 birthday from my grade 6 teacher. I've always loved that cookbook because she knew that I loved to help my mom in the kitchen (which later turned into me kicking her out because I needed my space, haha) and I enjoyed learning how to bake. Ever since I got that cookbook I've had my favourites; this being one of them.


Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Ingredients (base):
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter

Ingredients (filling):
2 packages cream cheese (8 ounce), softened
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup sugar
1 can cherry pie filling (or other fruit filling, I used mixed berry today)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F; grease 13x9 inch pan.
2. In small bowl, combine first 4 ingredients for the base. Cut butter into flour until mixed well. Press half of the flour mixture onto the pan, spreading corner to corner. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
3. In medium sized bowl, blend the cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar. Spread batter over the baked crust. Bake for 15 minutes.
4. Pour cherry pie filling over baked cream cheese layer. Sprinkle remaining crumbs from the crust on top of the fruit. Bake for another 15 minutes. Top with ice cream and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...