Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes
2 cups fresh strawberries, cored*
2 1/3 cups flour
1 3/4 cups sugar
3 1/2 tsps baking powder
3/4 cup butter, at room temperature
4 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Using a food processor (or in my case, a blender if you don't have one), puree the strawberries. Keep 3/4 cup of the strawberries for the cupcakes, reserve 1/4 cup for the buttercream frosting (recipe below).
3. In small bowl whip egg whites and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. In large bowl mix together the strawberry puree, butter, sugar, and baking powder. Once well blended, add the flour and mix well.
5. Gently fold in the egg white mixture until fully incorporated.
6. Using a muffin scoop, distribute the batter among muffin liners. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven. From this recipe it made about 12 regular sized cupcakes, and 8 mini's, if that helps.
7. Decorate with frosting once cooled and enjoy!
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
1/4 cup strawberry puree
4 1/2 cups icing sugar (or less, if desired consistancy is met)
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. Whip together butter, strawberry puree, and vanilla until well blended.
2. Gradually add the icing sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Pipe or frost cupcakes as desired and take a million photos (like me, haha) and enjoy!