Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dad's 50th birthday :)

So on the weekend my and my parents went camping for my father's 50th birthday, and because I hate buying cakes and I love making them, so I made one! The recipe is the same as the recipe for Chocolate Nutella Cupcakes except there was no caramel sauce or Nutella, but I'm sure that'd taste amazing too! So yeah, just instead of cupcake pans, use a 9 inch springform and bake for 20-30 minutes and voilĂ ! A nice and even rich chocolate cake. I made mini cupcakes as well with extra batter and decorated them with Reese's Pieces Candy and mini Reese's Pieces cups. And using my brand new piping tips, I had fun.

Please note, I do realize this doesn't look professional. I wasn't intending it to because my dad isn't as picky as I am and it was his birthday after all.

Here he is!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Also, on the weekend I received my new Nikkor 18-105 lens and these photos are taken with that. It works FANTASTIC and I can't wait until my friends wedding in October that I'm doing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...