2 1/2 cups flour
4 tsps. baking powder
1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs + 1 egg white
1 cup pureed or finely diced strawberries
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins and set aside.
2. In medium sized bowl, combine flour and baking powder and mix well.
3. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, and vanilla. With electric mixer, use the whisk attachments and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time and then finally the egg white. Beat again until fluffy.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture along with the milk alternating, beating between each addition until all is blended. Fold in the strawberries so the batter doesn't lose the air that's been worked in.
5. Fill the muffin liners and bake for 15-20 minutes (mini cupcakes) or 20-25 minutes (regular cupcakes). Frost with desired strawberry frosting.
*I first saw this recipe on Annie's Eats and changed up some things to make this recipe work for me. I also tried to make the Swiss Meringue Strawberry Buttercream. I made it two times and both were a complete fail. So I myself wouldn't advise using that recipe, but again that's just my experience. So if it works for you, comment and leave a tip for success!