Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup lemon juice*
6 large strawberries, chopped up find
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Place cupcake liners in cupcake tin; recipe should make 12.
2. In large bowl, mix together the butter and egg, then add the sugar, lemon juice and strawberries.
3. Add the milk, flour, and baking powder. Be sure to mix until all the dry ingredients are incorporated.
4. Using muffin scoop (or large spoon if muffin scoop is not available), distribute batter among cupcake liners. The recipe should yield 12 cupcakes.
5. Bake cupcakes in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Because of the moisture from the fresh fruit, it may need a minute or two more. Once they're done, let them cool on wire wrack for at least an hour until you frost them. P.S. these taste delicious without frosting too!
Strawberry Lemonade Buttercream Frosting
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup (or more) icing sugar
4 strawberries, finely chopped or pureed
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. heavy cream
1. Using an electric hand mixer, mix together the butter and icing sugar.
2. Add the strawberries and lemon juice, mix on low.
3. Add the cream and and any extra icing sugar needed to get the right consistency. Mix well.
4. If piping the frosting, I suggest using a larger star tip, this way the strawberries won't clog up your piping bag.
5. Frost your cupcakes and enjoy!