Sunday, July 29, 2012

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

So for those of you who know me, I cannot make chocolate chip cookies. Like, I'd make them at school in Culinary, and they'd be beautiful...same recipe at home, they'd be awful. So for years of wondering what I was doing wrong, I finally found a trick that will work.

I was watching Bake with Anna Olson and when she was baking her chocolate chip cookies she mentioned putting corn starch into the batter. This helps make the outside of the cookie crispy, while the inside stays soft. TA DA!!!!! It worked marvelously! So, here's the recipe.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
as much chocolate chips as your heart desires
finely chopped pecans, also optional

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In mixing bowl, blend together the butter, oil, sugars, egg, and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Add the chocolate chips and pecans.
5. Spoon onto cookie sheets and bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Cookies are so hit or miss for me. Sometimes perfect, sometimes a crunchy, runny mess. My favorite trick is to take them out of the oven just before they are done but letting them continue to bake on the cookie sheet outside of the oven for about another minute before taking them off to cool. I've found that keeps them softer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! I do the same thing, but most times they still dry out fast. But the corn starch has worked wonders!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...