2 1/4 cups white flour
4 rounded tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
4 egg whites
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup milk*
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl with electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until foamy. Add 1/4 cup sugar and whisk on high until soft peaks form (creating a meringue).
3. In another bowl, cream together the butter and remaining 1/4 cup sugar until fluffy. Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk until well blended.
4. Gently fold in the meringue so that is stays light and fluffy.
5. Distribute into two 9 inch springform pans and bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes.
6. Once cooled, frost (cream cheese frosting recipe below) and decorate as desired.
*Instead of using milk, you can also you coconut milk. It create great moisture in the cake and adds a unique flavour. You can also use 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup of liquid coffee creamer (be sure to stay within the vanilla/nutty flavours, otherwise the colour and flavour would be very off; try using White Chocolate Macadamia Nut flavour :D).
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2ish cups icing sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the icing sugar slowly with the vanilla.
2. Frost over your favourite cake or cupcakes!