Turtle Macaroon Brownie
1 cup margarine
3 rounded tbsp. cocoa
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup water
1/2 cup buttermilk*
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Caramilk Chocolate Bar OR 2 Caramello Chocolate Bars, cut up into small pieces
1/4 cup chopped pecans
caramel sauce (the kind you use on ice cream and such)
whipped cream, for garnish
chocolate macaroons, for garnish
1. Heat the margarine in microwave until almost melted. Add the cocoa and stir until blended and margarine is completely melted.
2. Add flour, sugar, baking soda, vanilla, water, eggs, buttermilk, and salt. Mix until everything is blended well.
3. Add the pecans and chocolate bar pieces. Stir slowly and pour into large springform pan. Spread out evenly.
4. Drizzle the caramel sauce over the brownie batter and with a tooth pick or fork, make squiggle lines (as if making a marble cake) so the caramel sauce can blend in, but stay at the surface.
5. Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 20-25 minutes. Garnish/decorate with the whipped cream and chocolate macaroons as desired.
*Buttermilk - if you don't have buttermilk, thats okay. For the amount that you need for this recipe, just drip a little bit of lemon juice into 1/2 cup milk and let sit for about 5 minutes. It will do just as good as the buttermilk.