Chocolate Peppermint Cake
1 cup margarine
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1. In microwave, melt margarine and mix in cocoa.
2. Add remaining ingredients in order listed.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes in 350 degree F. oven.
4. Let cool, then you can either frost it whole (with recipe below), or cut out the middle to get the look of a wreath (like I did).
1/2 block (4 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. peppermint extract
Green food colouring
1. In medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese and peppermint extract.
2. Add enough icing sugar to get a consistancy that you are pleased with (1 cup? 2 cups? It's up to you). Add one or two drops of green food colouring to give it that festive feel.
3. Garnish with crushed candy canes.