1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
3 tbsp. tomato paste
2 tbsp. basil
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. oregano
2 1/2 cups shredded cheese
3 drops liquid smoke
2 cups flour
2 tbsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup water
2 tbsp. olive oil
1. Mix together all ingredients for the sauce.
2. With the cheese, add the three drops of liquid smoke*.
3. (Dough) Combine the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the water and oil slowly, kneading it well.
4. Roll out dough on a baking/pizza stone to form one large, thin 12 inch round crust*. Add the sauce and cheese and whatever ingredients you'd like.
5. Baking in 475 degree F oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
*Adding the liquid smoke to the cheese gives this pizza a nice deep flavour. This is optional, but tastes much better if added.
*When rolling out the dough, instead of using flour on the bottom to keep it from sticking to the stone, use cornstarch. It gives a softer crust and doesn't dry it out like flour would.