I haven't really baked in a while, like, seriously bake. And it felt lovely to put on my apron, put on the music, and bring out the Bailey's. Lately I've had a strange obsession with it, and I've thought of many ways to use it in different recipes. One of them being Bailey's Irish Cream, Chocolate & Peanut Butter Rice Crispie Squares. I made them last week and they turned out lovely. I took them on my grad camping weekend, and let's just say I took none home.
So, with that, here's another Bailey's recipe.
Bailey's Chocolate Mocha Loaf
1/4 cup margarine, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream (I used original, but you could do flavoured)
1 cup milk
1 tbsp. instant coffee granules
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tbsp. baking powder
two large handfuls of chocolate chips, or more
1. Cream together the margarine and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time.
2. Add the vanilla, Bailey's, milk, and coffee granules, mix well.
3. Gradually add the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Add the chocolate chips at the end.
4. Baking in 9x5 loaf pan (or mini loaf pans, or cupcake pans) for approx. 1 hour (loaf), or 40 minutes (mini loaves, cupcakes).
5. Top with Bailey's whipping cream and enjoy!
Bailey's Whipping Cream
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
In small bowl, whip all ingredients until light and fluffy. Scoop onto Bailey's Chocolate Mocha Loaf and love!