1 large handfull spaghetti (so basically, enough for roughly two people)
1 can crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2. clove garlic, minced
1 small handfull red onion, chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
2 medium sized mushrooms, sliced thin
Red Cooking Wine
1. Boil one medium pot of water with a sprinkling of salt, add spaghetti and let cook while making sauce.
2. In small pot, add a small splash of olive oil. Heat until runny, add carrots. Sautee until tender, add onion, mushroom and garlic. Sautee until onions turn a nice golden colour and mushrooms are soft.
3. Add a splash of wine, let simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, stir until well combined. Add basil and let simmer until pasta is done cooking.
5. Drain pasta, serve with sauce and enjoy.
Sorry, there is no photo because I was in a hurry (I had to eat, clean up, change, and get to work all in 30 minutes by the time this was finished, I hope you understand).