Chocolate Strawberry Mocha Torte
4 unsweetened chocolate squares* (1 ounce each)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 2/3 cups white flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. instant coffee powder
1 chocolate bar (any kind), chopped fine for garnish
1 small container strawberries, washed for garnish
1. Melt chocolate squares in microwave with 1/4 cup sugar on low heat*, checking often.
2. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
3. Beat butter and remaining sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture alternately with milk.
4. Stir in chocolate mixture and vanilla.
5. Pour into small, lined* springform pan.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes in a preheated 350 degree F. oven until done. Cool for several hours.
1. Whip all ingredients in medium sized bowl until soft peaks form.
1. Cut the chocolate cake into 3 even layers.
2. on top of 2 layers spread the filling. Place top on. Spread remaining filling on top and garnish with strawberries and chopped chocolate bar.
*If you don't have any baking squares on hand, thats okay. For every 1 square of unsweetened chocolate, you can use 2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa.